just an apprentice

the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Soothe Your suffering ones...


Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
----
In the same way, let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
---
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
---
Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight,
and give Your angels and saints charge over those who sleep.
Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest Your weary ones.
Bless Your dying ones.
Soothe Your suffering ones.
Shield Your joyous ones,
and all for Your love's sake.
AMEN.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM , Blogger Fr Longenecker said...

    The last prayer you used here was one of my favourite ones to use when I was an Anglican minister in England. It's beautiful. Thanks

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Ouiz said...

    I truly love your blog. I will be back to visit more often! (and I used to live in Denver, PA, so it's nice to see someone from Ephrata)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home