just an apprentice

the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Paraclete

Paraclete
i need fire,
to be inspired
i am overwhelmed,
yes and I am tired
to do the tasks of day to day
i've exhausted all the platitudes
the ones you gave to me
i need fire

i need truth,
for i am a liar
easily convince myself
to obfuscate desires
that come from God,
i do not trust
i will get just what i want
instead of what i must
i need truth
i need fire

i need breath
to fill my lungs
i'm winded from the consequence
of all that's come undone
clear my head, feed my legs
oxygen and spirit
wake me from the dead
i need breath
i need truth
i need fire

Tim Youmans

Came across this poem/lyrics on the blog-- anabaptist monk. May breath, truth, and fire come to us today.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Brian Miller said...

    Thanks Keith,
    Enjoyed our conversation over lunch...look forward to checking out your blog.

     
  • At 7:41 PM , Blogger Brian Miller said...

    Tim,
    I'm not sure if ever responded to your question. Anyway, I did not go to OBU.

    Brian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home