just an apprentice

the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Farmer for a day...

So Dave...when are you going to teach me how to drive tractor...

And so my farmer friend gave me the privilege of riding along during corn harvest yesterday. Drove a little tractor...put a little feed into the silo...drank a little ice cold mint tea from a jar (why does it taste so good from a mason jar)...

Brought back memories of rice harvest in Louisiana...riding along in the combine or cart...shoveling at the bins...dinners in the field...

And so I got to stay in touch with my agrarian roots...thanks Dave.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmmm . . . are you trying to use the Miller grain equip as proof of your agrarian roots???? :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home